Congratulations to the Gallia Academy High School band students and their director John Barrett, as well as the accompanist, Marilyn Wills for an outstanding showing at the Ohio Music Education Association District 17 Solo & Ensemble adjudicated event held on the campus of Ohio University on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
Students perform to showcase their mastery of a selected composition in which they are given a rating of Superior (top rating), Excellent, Good, Fair or Poor. The following students received a top rating of “Superior” or “Excellent”:
- Morgan Loveday – Saxophone
- Hannah Hoover – Mallet Percussion
- Morgan Loveday, Thomas Hamilton, Alex Russell and Caleb Danford – Saxophone Quartet
- Julianna Yates – Clarinet
- Eliza Davies – French Horn
- Julianna Yates, Alexis Nickels, Kaytlyn Lindamood and Aryana Roach – Clarinet Quartet
- Bethany Purdum, Hailey Deem, Eliza Davies and Aryan Cox – Brass Quartet
Congratulations students on your outstanding performances!
Picture (L-R) Hannah Hoover (10), Julianna Yates (12), Eliza Davies (10), Elizabeth (11), Morgan Loveday (10)